Sunday, January 4, 2009

WOW! What a Month!

Well - It was a crazy December! My mom had to going into the hospital right before Christmas for spinal surgery. She ended up having to be in there for Christmas so we had a Christmas with no picture taking (because that is my mom's job). We "freestyled" Christmas dinner after spending the day at the hospital and all turned in early.

Unfortunately, my mom is not doing as well as expected and has to currently be in a Rehab center for the time being. She is not a happy camper about - but understands that it is needed so she tries to remain positive about it.

I have been back and forth several times to their home - and I am just so TIRED! I am hoping that things will calm down a bit and I can get back to my nice relaxing weekends of just knitting.

Here is my little kitty, Lucky, modeling the winged heart I knitted for me mom:


I also have gotten some other things done for Christams... and here are my first ever mittens:

3 comments:

The Gadabout Knitter said...

Sorry to hear that your mom isn't well! I hope she heals quickly!!

Lovely mittens too! What yarn did you use?

susancon said...

Aw - thanks! I used Araucania Nature Wool Chunky - #215 Multi Green. I like the yarn so much I just started a purse out of the red.

dogquilter said...

Hope your mom is better soon. Love the mittens and the kitty reminds me of my Spunky only you can't trust him with yarn. :)