Friday, January 23, 2009

Things you are shocked to learn about your parents

So - my mom is still recovering from spinal surgery that took place 12/23/2008 and I am traveling A LOT to visit my parents and help my dad... Thankfully, she is out of rehab and home - doing much better and more like herself. Lets just say in the last month I have found out some SHOCKING things about my parents:

#1 - My dad CAN NOT do laundry. If it needs wasing, it gets thrown in washing maching with TOTAL disregard for color, texture, care needs. Let just say everything has a pink tint and my mom needs new "unmentionables". There is now a "how to" print out above the machine

#2 - My mom has no idea how to make a list of things she needs to ask for it all at once. If there are 4 pills that need to be taken - there are 4 trips to the medicine cabinet - even after asking is there anything else? She now how a pen and pad next to her bed to trim down unnessary trips.

I guess it is just a shock when your parents age. As a child I feel they shouldn't! They need to stay the perfect role model that they were before we learned everything.

No comments: