Friday, October 17, 2008

October = Busy!

It has been a busy month so far! My hubby's birthday was this past Monday and I still have three close friends with bdays still to come this month!

I started a swap on Ravelry! Its called the 'Holiday Purse Swap' and it should be a lot of fun! Best of all - NO purse knitting! Get a partner, find a purse they will like, get the pattern and materials, pack box with holiday goodies.... how easy is that!!! So far people seem really excited. It is my first time running a swap - and I have my fingers crossed that everyone will play nice and send their packages out!

I am currently knitting my first pair of socks - ever! I am using them toe-up and two circular needles and I think I am getting the hang of it! I am to the heel on the first one - and I think I am ready to soldier on!

I have mentally started my holiday shopping - and hopefully all will go well. I have decided that I am only knitting for my firends that knit... because they will appreciate it. Seems like the safest bet as far as that goes.

Looking forward to the weekend - hopefully being able to spend most of it knitting!

No comments: