Monday, September 1, 2008

Ahhh - Labor Day AKA The day I sit on my butt and knit!



And that is exactly what I am doing! Though Tally is so far from where Hurricane Gustav is making landfall (several hundred miles) it is still cloudy and windy with out biggest chance of nasty weather later today... Now us Floridians are watching Hanna, TD and several other "areas of interest".

Honestly, I love it! I am a weather dork and thought about going into research meteorology in college (aviation physics won as the my minor). We are really starting to see the Atlantic basin "heat up" so to speak.

I am knitting the purse for my "Great Purse Swap" and I am supper happy with it so far. I had started a different pattern on Saturday - but yesterday I frogged it because I found a pattern I like even more!

2 comments:

Jenny McB said...

My husband is a weather dork also, we had the weather channel on most of the day on Sunday. So, I guess the drought is over in Florida now?

Keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get the rain from any of them on Saturday for the first home football game here.

Frogging...I envy those who do it so easily!

susancon said...

I just recently have been able to frog with out totally starting over - it's quite liberating!